The internationally recognized artist Shar Sosh has painted for Presidents, governments and many more. Today she's here to teach us a thing or two about wearable art using Jacquard Products...and we're feeling pretty special about it!
Completed Project, New Opportunities and Lots of Fun!
-Fine Line Applicators with Plastic Tips one of each size: 0.5, 0.7, 0.9*
-3 inkjet sheets, 1 printed, 2 blank
-4 Original designs for teaching classes
-Blue painters tape or masking tape
-2 small cups of water
-#6 round synthetic short handle brush
-#12 flat synthetic short handle brush
-Palette knife or craft stick
-6 well mixing tray or paper plates
-2 sheets paper for practice and color testing
Secure the cotton sheet to your work with tape to the back
- Shake paint
- Squeeze about 1⁄2 a teaspoon of Lumiere Metallic Gold into one well in the paint tray.
- Dip your Flat brush into the Metallic Gold to paint squares approximately 1⁄2”each. Be sure to paint the squares in different directions, and place sporadically throughout the background. Avoid painting over the printed design.
- When finished, wipe your brush on a paper towel before cleaning it in the water
- Squeeze about 1⁄2 a teaspoon of the Magenta Dye Na Flow into your paint tray.
- Use the palette knife or craft stick to put a 1⁄4”of Interference Gold Pearl Ex Pigment into the Magenta paint. Use the Round brush to mix until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use the Round brush with the mixed Magenta and Interference Gold to paint the narrow shape on the left outside edge of the flowers. When finished, wipe the round brush on the paper towel then clean in water.
- Use the Flat brush and the Magenta and Interference Gold mixture to paint squares randomly throughout your background. Avoid painting over the design. When done, wipe the flat brush on the paper towel then clean with water.
- Squeeze 1⁄2 teaspoon Sun Yellow Dye Na Flow into a new paint well. Use your palette knife or craft stick to add Interference Gold Pearl Ex to the Sun Yellow. Use the Round brush to mix them together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Use the Round brush to paint the inside shape of the leaves.
- Use the Round brush to paint the inside of the three flowers, avoid the pistils.
- Squeeze some Sun Yellow Dye Na Flow and a little Turquoise Dye Na Flow to make your green, add 1⁄2” Interference Green Pearl Ex using your palette knife or craft stick. Use the Round brush to mix them together until you get a smooth consistency.
- While the yellow in the flower is still wet, use the Round brush to paint in the shadow area with this newly mixed green. Brush green in the lower curve of the center flower, and in each straight pistil in the flowers, as well as the lower space between the yellow flower and the stem.
- Continue with the Round brush and mixed green to paint the outside leaves, the center leaf, and the three stems. When finished, clean as directed.
- Squeeze a small amount of Lumiere Gold into a clean paint well. Use the Round brush to paint each curved pistil in each flower. When finished, clean the round brush as directed.
- On a practice sheet of paper, use the Lumiere Halo Pink Gold with and without the black tip, to practice drawing thin lines, both straight and curved. When finished, drop used tips into water container. Begin adding thin accent lines to the leaves, stems, and flowers.
- When the background paint is dry, use the Black Tee Juice marker to add definition around the squares, leaving some with only a few lines and some without any lines. Add accent lines to the flowers and stems.
- To add depth and additional interest, use the Black Tee Juice marker to make dots throughout the background.
- When completely dry, place a warm iron on the back of the fabric sheet and set the paint. Peel off the back and apply your fabric to your project
We would love to see your creation of wearable art! Share with us on Instagram and include #supplyingcreativity so we can check it out!
Want to keep up to date with New Products, Trends and Notions News? Follow us on Social Media! What's New Videos, Product Releases, DIY's and more! Our social media feeds are always packed with fresh new content displaying your favorite brands!
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel!
Follow us on: