HAUNTED HALLOWEEN BOX DISPLAY by i-crafter
Hi everyone! It’s Lynda Kanase from i-crafter here on the Notions blog with a fun project to celebrate Halloween!
Here is a simple and eye-catching home décor piece using our Matchbox Stories die set, plus other Halloween die sets and embellishments.
SUPPLIES by i-crafter
222116 Mini Halloween Hauntings
222117 Halloween Treat Lantern
222185 Ribbon Rosette, Halloween Add-on
222090 i-Brush Blender Brushes
Adhesives: liquid, glue stick, foam dots and hot glue
Distress Ink: Tea Dyed, Forest Moss, Dusty Concord, Wild Honey and Black Soot
Recycled book or atlas pages
1. Gather recycled pages. Die cut 2 pages at once using the tray die from the Matchbox Stories die set. Use a glue stick to adhere the edges of the two tray shapes together.
2. Using the i-Brush Blender Brushes and Distress Inks, apply colors to the inside rectangle of each tray shape. Flip the shape and apply inks to the rectangle and sides of the back of the same shape.
3. Fold all crease lines towards the inside rectangle. Apply liquid adhesive to the small tabs and adhere to the inside long sides. Fold over and adhere each long side inwards to secure the small tabs. Fold over and adhere the short sides to finish the tray.
4. Make as many matchboxes as desired. We made 21 but you can make more or less.
5. Die cut various Halloween shapes from our Tunnel Card Halloween set, Mini Halloween Hauntings set, Halloween Treat Lantern set and Ribbon Rosette Halloween Add-on set.
6. If desired, gather dimensional charms, skeleton keys, beads, etc. to include in the project. Charms can be adhered using hot glue.
7. Be sure to create some matchboxes as vertical and some as horizontal displays
8. Assemble each matchbox adding foam dots to create layers. Also adhere some die cut shapes on the raised edges of some matchboxes. Decide on a layout and assemble matchboxes using hot glue along the outer sides to create a display.
9. Create lots of layers for visual interest
Make as many matchboxes as you want. Continue to add to the display every Halloween. Add a hook on the back to display.
I hope you enjoyed this Haunted Halloween Matchbox display project. For more inspiration, visit i-crafter.com. Happy spooky crafting!
Excellent post. I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. This concept is a good way to enhance knowledge. Keep sharing this kind of articles,personalized matches Thank you.ReplyDelete